Friday, January 29, 2010

Ummmm Ummmm Good!

Homemade Potato Soup
One of my favorite meals, not heavy, but satisfying! I will share my recipe, yes I have modified it (for the better)

3 red potatoes
1-2 carrots (personal preference)
Cut potatoes and carrots up and boil your 'favorite' pan (I use large one). When potatoes and carrots are soft, drain the juice in strainer and keep the potato juice for your soup.

Using the same pan you cooked the potatoes in.
melt 6 tbsp butter ( I use the real stuff)
1 small onion (cut up)
Saute' the onions until they are soft. Then add
6 tbsp of flour
1 1/2 cups milk
salt
pepper

when the lumps are out and the flour is thickening add the reserved potato water to this until thick.
Add the potatoes and carrots
I also add about 1/2 cup or so (I never measure it) of sour cream to soup. This gives it a great taste and texture. Top soup bowls off with crumbled up bacon! YUMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That looks so delicious. I can almost taste it, just thinking about it! Yum!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Looks great! Like the idea of adding sour cream at the end.

So jealous that you guys have been getting all that snow. We don't have nearly what we normally have, here in the NW. Hope we don't have water shortages this coming summer.

Hubby has been on a John Wayne western movies kick lately. He just loves them and my son likes them, too.

I love the picture of you brother bull riding. I'm not sure If I've already told you, but my hubby was also a bullrider in High School rodeo. He really enjoyed it. Had to stop when he went to college because he couldn't afford to do it anymore. It is funny. The me and my family convinced him to try riding bareback one time because we thought it was safer. It was the only time he ever got his bell rung. He went back to bulls after that, and we didn't argue with him about it anymore, LOL!

Hope you have a great weekend,
Jackie