Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I wish...............

I wish that I 'loved' to read! I enjoy reading, but I do not have time to sit by the still waters with the breeze blowing through my hair, sun beaming down against my book as I sit sipping my coffee. My leg kicked up over one side of the chair and I lounge back with this luscious, love story novel resting on my thigh. I love my solitude, many people do not understand my love for the peacful and soft country air and just being with my animals. There is nothing like getting on one of my girls (horses), riding this big black beauty across the wide open field, free of being locked into anything that I feel squeezed, dreaming of going to the next barrel race and seeing all the friends you have not seen since last season.

I feel that riding is the best therapy I can have, no need for drugs, I have my horses! The only problem, riding doesn't stimulate my brain as it gets older like reading, so my girls and I will just continue to be free and sometimes envy the ones that love to curl up with a good book!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment earlier! For a long time, I didn't read much of anything. This past year, I just can't get enough of reading. I think it's just something I have to be in the mood for, and it definitely depends on what kind of books they are. I have really enjoyed reading lately and I hope it doesn't stop anytime soon. :)