Sunday, August 30, 2009

Productive day..?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Crazy Day!

My hubby's day started out by going to our local county fair and buying 'more' chickens! 14 to be exact! We will be eating lots of eggs when all the chickens start laying together! Egg Sandwich, Egg Salad, Fried Eggs, Scramble Eggs, Deviled Eggs, Eggs on salads, Eggs on Steak, Eggs on Chicken....Oh, getting away from me with all these chickens I am seeing! LOL

I think we have a total of around 25-28 chickens now!

I can tell you, these chickens lay the best eggs, brown ones and they do not even compare to store bought eggs!

Fire Pit to start burning at first cool night (hint, this is the small one, you should see our larger one!)

Weeding my flowering gardens

Mowed my yard

Then went to the front pasture to mow

Wood we cut, split and hauled....! (in 3 loads total)

As if every Saturday starts out the same! Getting out of bed, knowing that you have to clean house! I can't hardly stand going a week without cleaning! I want to come home daily to a clean, nice, neat home and cuddle up on the couch and watch T.V. to unwind!

Except this Saturday had more in store that I anticipated! I can't say why on cool mornings that it does something to the 'cleaning' in a woman.......I got up to clean my house, except something just couldn't stop! I continued to clean and wash, vacuum, sanitize (for all the flu that is going around at school), disinfect, I took all the comforters and bed linen off, with the quilts, I washed stuff that I don't even use! Well by noon my total house was clean!

I then went outside and mowed my lawn, I couldn't stop there! I bowed my front pasture! Yikes, what has gotten into me? I pulled weeds in the flower gardens, I made a fire pit and filled it full of wood and stuff we needed to burn (always wanted a fire pit for the cold nights that I could sit outside)! Then Hubby came home from bailing and hauling hay and he said, "lets go cut some more fire wood!" This is why we built out rock wall and our wood stove is coming in for the winter! So as you see in the picture, we have cut and hauled lots of firewood!

Today, I am tired and he wanted to cut more fire wood! YIKESSSSSSSS What has got into us? LOL

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I need you to send some of that energy my way! :)

Kristin said...

Well Happy Birthday to you too! Mine was the 29th, so we almost have the same Birthday :)