Friday, August 7, 2009

10 things about ME.....

Thanks to Kristin and Veronica's blogs for this posting! :)


1. I love teaching and the students. This is my passion, helping others. My grandmother was a huge helper, she would not let others help her, she was the caretaker for all of us.

2. I love riding horses and barrel races. No other event is more relaxing and fun than barrel races. These people share the same love as you and you have so much to talk about in the winning circle and also solving problems that you can't seem to solve with your horses. Networking!

3. Evidently I love going to college for more education! My husband says "he doesn't understand what part of college I 'don't' like owing! " LOL Because I am always going to receive more education. LOL

4. I love living on the farm. If I want to go outside in my PJ's, now one will see me! I like the solitude, I am able to reestablish who I am and my goals in life, plus reminiscing old times and Cherish those memories.

5. I love to cook! My grandmother taught me to cook. When I moved to south Arkansas, just a few miles from Louisiana, I learned two different types of cooking. My grandmothers southern cooking and then the south Arkansas/Louisiana *Cajun cooking! LOVE IT....I am always cooking and I am sorry mom's and dad's, I don't like to buy boxed foods. For example, I make my own homemade cakes, they taste so much better and homemade icing. I just love to do this!

6. I am always dieting! In the summer I eat lots of home grown tomatoes, cheese, okra, squash, anything that is coming out of my garden. Winter I eat lots of salads/ soups and chili!

7. In High School, I played basketball, ran track and played flag football. Basketball my was love and passion, I was All-district 2 years (Jr. and Sr. year), All County and named to the all State Basketball Team (Sr. Year), All District defensive player (Sr. year) and played first year of college.

8. I rodeo'd all through High School in the Arkansas High School Rodeo (team), went to National Finals High School Rodeo 3 years, first year in my sophomore year in Gallup, New Mexico; second year (Jr. Year) I went to Sulfur, Louisiana and my senior year I made the National finals in Helena, Montana. They take the top 4 in each event to the rodeo. Winners receive buckles and saddles. In my senior year, I won Break-away roping (calf roping) and 3rd in Goat Tying.

I have been very fortunate that my dad backed me in rodeo's. He would get me up every morning at 5:30, we would go to the arena and practice. I would rope 25 head of calves in the morning and afternoon. After my morning workout, I went to basketball practice which started at 7:30 in the morning. I ended the day with roping 25 more head of calves and the roping dummy 100 times. It paid off, I won the "State Champion Break away roper" my senior year!

9. I went to college on a rodeo scholarship! I met many more 'rodeo' friends and buddies who I still am in contact with on a regular basis.

10. I love JESUS and going to Church, watching Charles Stanley on Sunday mornings. His sermons 'refresh' my belief's and he teaches me what I need to know to become a Christian Woman! I love having a relationship with our Father in Heaven. He has blessed me so much! It took me some years to open my eyes to see his blessings, but that is part of learning the Bible. Some people think they have to have a BIG dream house, new cars/vehicles, all these fancy worldly goods. I have realized that it isn't all the worldly things, it is my husband, children, daily living, family, and what God wants me to do for Him! That is the blessing!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

So fun that you decided to join in on the 10 things list. It was great reading your list. That's awesome that you love to cook. I really don't. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't have many recipes. Maybe you can post a few easy dinner recipes? That would be awesome!

I had no clue that there are/were rodeo scholarships available. I learned something new today!