Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WARNING! GAS Grills do blow up!

I have been cooking on gas grills for years! I purchased a new one about a month and half ago, nothing different than anyone that I have had before. I lit the grill with the button, went inside to get the food ready for the grill! I noticed that the grill wasn't smoking (burning off the old stuff) so I went out to see if the wind had blown out the fire. I raised the lid and "BackDraft" happened! The fire 'blew' out and hit me, caught my hair on fire, burned my eye brows and I do not have any :( my nose was probably the worse that was burned. It is peeling now and some parts raw! I AM OK......! I had angels with me, I told my husband that I am definitely living right! I should have been burned severly!

I believe that for my quick reaction I had I squinted my eyes enough my ends of my eyelashes were burned off, but still save the ones closer to my eyes, my contacts were NOT burned to my eyes, THANK THE LORD...... I did lose my hair on my forehead, and I had to cut some of my hair in front that caught on fire (My new haircut.....:( ...............) BUT I am thankful that I was not injured anymore than this!

WARNING......this was NOT heat, it was FIRE..I do not know what caused it, other than when the air hit it, it fueled the fired and I guess all the gas that was trapped in the grill blew when I raised the lid! BE CAREFUL.........when grilling!

I have returned to school and tomorrow is my first days back to college to complete my counseling degree (Masters)....so I will be very busy and will not be able to post as much. Please forgive me for not posting on your blogs regularly. I will try and keep mine up weekly! :O

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh no!!! I am so glad you are okay!!!! After what happened to my neighbor the other day and now this,I think I'm about ready to get rid of all things gas around here! I am just so thankful that you didn't get hurt worse, although I'm sorry about your new haircut! :) Hope you are feeling better soon!