Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wacky Wednesday Recipe

Texas Caviar or South of the Boarder Salad
2 cans whole kernel corn drained
2 cans Black beans drained
1 can original rotel
3/4 cups chopped green onions
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin


Mix and chill 3-4 hours before serving....great with tortilla chips

As the weather changes, so do my recipes. I am a seasonal cook. I was reading my daughters blog http://www.houstonhouserules.blogspot.com about an easy recipe, which brought to mind about my 'texas caviar' recipe. I take this recipe to large gathering and is a hit. I have modified it and you can to! It is great with chips, by itself as a salad or with a dinner.

Reading my daughters blog gave me an idea (before school starts and I will not have time to post at all) lets do Wacky Wednesday Recipe consisting of short, fast, easy, GREAT tasting recipes.

Especially for working women!

No comments: