Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shopping for Prom Dresses...............(blank look)

This dress is gorgeous and so beautiful! The picture does not do it justice, this was our first choice! After visiting on the way to Fayetteville "we were not going for white" she thought she wanted to go for the 'new' mixed colors prom dresses.....until the owner just said, "this is my favorite, just try it on!" I agree, this dress is absolutely beautiful!
Until they called and couldn't get it in her size! Tell you more at the end!

This dress we also felt that it was comfortable and elegant (soft), this was her second choice dress, which I liked it also, but it was similar to most prom dresses! BUT we kept it as one of our choices!

You can't see him, but her boyfriend is on the right side of her, waiting patiently and giving his honest opinion on the dresses she tried on! Can't believe he went shopping with us!

Well after 2 hours of trying on dresses, and finding out that we couldn't get her first choice in her size, there was another dress made from the same designer of the first choice dress (1st picture above) almost identical except the front had some sways cris-crossing, gathered tightly same style and material, again very elegant and beautiful dress! We tried it on and POOF this was our conversation in the dressing room:

BB - "Mom this is to tight"


mom - "No, this is the way it is suppose to fit, so your boobs don't fall out"


BB - "Can you get it zipped?"

mom- "Yes, I am trying to figure out how to clip the top part to hold your boobs in!"

BB- "It feels tight"

mom- "Yes, you will see when I get it zipped"

BB- "Yes, it does feel better"


mom- "OMGosh, this is beautiful, I like this as much as the first one, PLUS, it fits and your size"

BB goes out to see what Steven and the girls think! They love it! EXCEPT....she would let me take a picture of it on her, she says, "you can wait until we get home!" This is the best I can do, by it hanging on the hander! Still a beautiful dress! Just can't believe we got WHITE and SILVER! Never say Never!



7 comments:

Pam said...

I remember those days - Lori's was a deep royal blue - and you are still young not a oldie like me :)

Pam said...

That dress is beautiful - I like it better than the first one :) she will take their breath away when she shows up in that :)

Kristin said...

Looks beautiful. That looks like a really neat boutique too! Wow, that made me realize I will be doing that one day, then again, and again......and if we get to adopt a little girl, again. :D

Lori said...

The dress is beautiful! She is going to look gorgeous in that.

Katie said...

That is so beautiful, what pretty girl. You are awesome mom!! I have a great mom but at the time we could never afford nice dresses. I usually borrowed from someone or bought off the clearance rack. When my wedding came though my mom bought the dress I wanted. I can't wait to help Lauren someday with all of this. Thanks for your great comment, you are so nice.

Holly said...

I remember prom dress shopping my jr and sr yrs! My dress my sr yr was so awesome! It's fun for moms and daughters to do that together.

Sterling said...

Wow!!! I know she looked gorgeous in that dress! I love he way its gathered and crosses over into the sweetheart neckline! How are you going to wear your hair? You will outdo all the other girls thats for sure!!!