Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I know I am old, but the pain!

Headed to the gym to play Volleyball

I took the challenge! The challenge to exercise at least 3x's a week for 30 minutes, that is the 'true blue challenge'! All the teachers at school have groups and we hope the WOW team (yes, this is my team) wins! So, we have been playing basketball 2x's a week for 30-45 minutes each time, plus warming up, then we started volleyball last night! OMGosh, I have been sleeping on a heating pad, I have muscles that are sore that I wasn't even aware that I had! All our activities are documented through the Blue Cross/Blue Shield website

I keep telling myself "No Pain, No Gain"! I am having a blast! WE are having so much fun and since we are playing with teachers from our district, I have met some wonderful teachers that I probably would have never got to know! So this is definitely a plus all the way around! Just hope I can walk soon without looking like I am bowlegged!

5 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome. I like to play when I workout. Playing football in the backyard or going on a hike is a lot more fun then the Gym which is not for me. Good for you!!!

Laurie J said...

How'd that basketball go last night? Did you talk Michelle into us playing next week? Let me know!

Holly said...

No doubt you'll be sore!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Good for you! I hope you won't be too sore. Hope you are feeling better and not sick anymore.

Angela said...

I've just started to exercise and I'm loving it. I actually just came into the house from talking to a neighbor down the street. We are planning on Wednesday evening going to the YMCA to do some cycling together. Spin class I guess they call it. lol.

I've been released from 110 lbs and still counting and it SURE does feel good to start living a healthier life style. Not only physically, mentally and emotionally, but spiritually.

Blessings to you and yours this Holy Easter