Wednesday, November 11, 2009

OMGosh, my new icemaker! LOL


I realize that when you are looking at a sales paper from department stores, they enlarge the picture so you can 'see' the item. Most items are smaller than the picture(laughing) normally. The town next to us recently opened up a "Tuesday Morning" store, what make me interested in this store is they had a 'portable ice maker' on sale. Since my side by side refrigerator, is an older one and thought I would probably purchase a new side by side in the future, also thinking, "why spend the money on a new ice maker for my refrigerator when it may go out tomorrow!" So why not buy us a small ice maker and I can control the amount of ice we need and want vs. getting ready to sit down to eat and WE ARE OUT OF ICE for our drinks.

I head off to Tuesday Morning store to 'investigate' the portable ice maker. It makes up to 35 lbs a day, LOL. I get there and it is on sale as the paper says (really good price), it does not require a drain, or line coming in to it! I look at the box sitting on the shelf at the store and the outer box is large, but I really think it was lots of packing. I get home with my new ice maker, I start unpacking it and hook it up! To my surprise, this ice maker is huge! LOL. 2x's as large as expected and the picture showing in the sale paper *SURPRISE! I purchased the ice maker and have temporally set it on a corner cabinet until I can figure out what I am going to do with the ice maker! I am thinking I may need to build its own space!
Seriously, I am glad I purchased the ice maker, with holidays around the corner, I am making ice and bagging it up! We have two dinners we are going to have to attend at Thanksgiving, (yes, we love getting together with family and eating). I have my relatives, newly married cousin and his beautiful wife coming in from TEXAS, so I will be intertaining them! PLUS, the cubs are so cute and easy to eat, not like the large, hard cubs of ice that regular ice makers make! I just am not sure about the size of the maker and what to do with it! Laughing~ Every 8 minutes, it drops the ice cubes, now tell me how anything can make ice that quick? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 comment:

Kristin said...

wow....I totally need one of those!! Our icemaker quit working about a year ago and we didn't want to replace it, because our fridge is getting old. One of these would be great!