Sunday, November 8, 2009

My amazing dear friend.....Talent

"Off the Clock" Painting


"Mousers to be" Painting

Joni McKim, each one of her paintings have a story behind them. When you visit her website, she will tell you the inspiration behind each of her paintings. AMAZING friend I have!
She is just beginning her love, here is her website: www.jonimckim.com

I met Joni about 4 years ago at a barrel race in Tulsa, Oklahoma at a Drysdales barrel race. Approximately 400-500 barrel racers show up for this 3 day event. I was getting my stalls ready for the horses to bed down on a Thursday afternoon when I heard this woman laughing and just loved her personality. I had to go and get water when I realized that the water faucet was by her stall. While my water buckets were filling up, Joni and I started visiting. I really had a good time visiting. After getting my horses bedded down and fed, I went to the RV park (on the same grounds by the huge indoor arena), parked my living quarters trailer and within 30 minutes I looked up and here comes Joni, her parking place was next to us! SO, this friendship was meant to be! We sat up late that night, laughing, visiting and going over our lives, but she never told me that she loved to paint! This woman is amazing! I love her and so blessed to have her a friend!


We are quit far apart mileage wise, so we have to visit through phone calls and emails, she sent this link to her website and wanted to share the talent of this woman. I plan to purchase one for my Christmas present! :) Here is her website: http://www.jonimckim.com/

2 comments:

Laurie J said...

Holy crap CA, how come this is the first I have heard of this???

Vandy said...

Chris, i just discovered your beautiful blog. Lady, you have talent, as well. You should teach a class... wait... you do! Your students are fortunate to have you as their muse.