Thursday, July 23, 2009

WORKING my BoOteeeeee off!

OMGosh! I have been so busy these past two days and can't wait to post pictures! I just completed cleaning my house, I mean washing walls, pictures, lights, ceiling fans, kitchen cabinets, on and on and on.........BECAUSE we just completed my 'dry stack' rock wall and rock hearth in my living room. I didn't realize when you have to 'cut' out the sheetrock, and install backerboard for the rock. When you cut out sheetrock, DUST and this little white stuff lands on everything you have! Then when you bring in the rocks, there is another layer of dirt, from there we have our wood floor being replaced with new wood flooring, which is causing dust! So this is why I have been cleaning my Bootee off today!

We are installing our wood burning stove (to help heat our house and hopefully reduce the electric bill, plus when we lose our electricity in the winter, we will have 'heat'!) Our rock layer and I have actually been working on this wall. I would separate the good from the bad rocks and then carried them in the house for for him he is on the scaffle (sp?) to lay. We chose the Blue Stone rock and on the heart we chose the blue stone with the cherry marble rock for the hearth.

I will be posting pictures soon and you will see why I am so tired! My house, and living room look like a different house.

What is funny, my husband doesn't realize that the 'decor' does not go now with this new rock wall, so I am thinking a new couch!!!!!

No comments: