Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fresh Peach Dessert


OK, so I am feeling better....you can always tell because I am cooking! LOL Since I was sick yesterday and was unable to cook our 4th July lunch (AND we had plans to go over our good friends who live on the Arkansas river, HUGE cookout and fireworks on the river), we were unable to make it because I WAS SICK! We always have fun at the Kenner's house on the water for the 4th, they cook out all day and of course, he owns a boat company and they have 2 very nice boats we take out......anyway, we are celebrating the 4th today!
As you see, the tomatoes in the background, these are my tomatoes out of my garden and this is the 3rd picking, I have more I have to pick today! I will be canning this week! Salsa, Tomatoes and Tomato Juice!

I made this delicious peach dessert that is one of the best for this time of the year with fresh peaches coming off. I could eat the whole dish! Here is the recipe:
Peach Dessert
(1st layer)
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans
1 stick butter (soften)
Mix and press in 13 x 9 dish, cook at 350 degrees for approxiametly 18-20 miniutes. COOL, comletely.
(2nd layer)
Cream Cheese
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
8 oz cool whip
Mix well and place over cooled crust. Refrigerate
(3rd and 4th layers)
3-6 Fresh cut/sliced and peeled peaches (place on top of cream cheese mixture)
2 -3 oz packages of peach jello
2 cups hot/bowling water
1 1/2 cups cold water
place in refrigerator until it is 'slimmy' or jelled to a egg yolk touch. Cut Fresh whole peaches and place on top of cream cheese mixture, pour peach jello over top and chill until jello is completely jell'd.
This is a great recipe and always the hit of the party!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry that you were sick on the 4th! The dessert looks so delicious!!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Thank you so much for stopping over and leaving those kind words! This dessert looks yummy - you had me at cream cheese - ha! Glad you are feeling better!

Veronica said...

Chris...sorry to hear that you were sick over the weekend, but I'm glad to hear that you've been feeling a little better! That is so awesome that you have your own garden and even can what you grow!!! This dessert looks amazing!