Saturday, May 8, 2010

Storing for the winter!

Eggs from our Chickens

Potatoes are growing

Just finished putting up 16 qts of strawberries

They are so good, saved some for Stawberry Shortcake

My family knows that I love to can and freeze! This year I have taken on more by planting potatoes in my second garden! I am not sure how I will like 'digging' them up, LOL but they sure will taste good! My first garden has 28 tomato plants planted!


Last winter I knew it would be cold and wet just by the way the summer was! So we had a calf butchered, had corn and veggies in the freezer, wood stove put in our home and had our friend hook our home up so the generator would run it! (Just in case we lost electricity). Not quiet 'the Pioneer Woman' but my grandmother taught me well! I admire the Mennonite and Amish with their self sufficiency, I can't do away with some of my necessities, but can survive off the land for awhile!

No comments: