Saturday, May 15, 2010

The love of our heritage!

As I sit in my chair, with the windows open, the cool country breeze blowing in and I hear the birds, insect and leaves singing in the air after a spring rain, I worship the sounds of the country and thankful I live in the middle of 100 acre farm!

After cleaning my home this morning, getting ready to leave with mom and dad on a short trip, I scanned the Internet for remodeling pictures.......as the old saying quotes, "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl" rings true in my case! I have always lived on the farm, can't imagine living in a busy life, where it all goes by so fast that I miss the simple things in life. Our Father says, "Be still and know that I am God".....I feel you can do this while sitting on my porch in my big rocking chair, with eyes staring at the heavens!

The only thing I miss is Texas! A place I have always wanted to be, yet can't seem to get there to live!




This home makes me want to live in and walk out with a cup of coffee in the cool morning.

What a beautiful bedroom, reminds me of the pioneer women decorating.


In this living room, I would stay read and relax......"a lot" lol

Of course, I can't forget my girls, they need a home to! My horses are so special to me!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I LOVE YOUR HOUSE - Is that a certain house plan and where can I look it up :) You have a beautiful place - one day I hope to find ours when we sell the home place and get moved and settled for the rest of our time. I am like you - would rather sat on the porch and watch and listen. It isn't quiet here now - ready to go back to the country!

Katie said...

That is really really neat. I like all kinds of styles and this would be my moutain house with horses of course!!!