Monday, September 14, 2009

Powder Puff is BACK.....


Fundraiser: We had our simulated NFL Powder Puff Draft today at school during our lunch time! IT WAS AWESOME! We went all out and had our Principal as "Roger Goodell" with the Warrior Football players (4 head coaches and their assistant coaches) as they chose their players and Dave M. the assistant to Mr. Goodell! The overhead in our new lunch room served as our viewer as we placed each draft pick under their coach.

I think every student in the school was 'packed' in our lunch room to see who would be drafted......and while I was running the overhead/computer and actually brought this "powder puff games" to life for LHS, I hired Mr. Goodell and Mr. Meador to help bring this HUGE event to reality after weeks of recruiting!

The games will be held October 12, at 6 p.m. at the LAMAR WARRIORS FOOTBALL FIELD, "FIELD OF CHAMPIONS"! I am so excited! I just hope I can get all the work done before the deadline! OMGosh, I am getting nervous and excited!
The point is, it is for the students, that is why I do the extra hours...... for the students......We had so many involved today, and that is why I am a teacher!

No comments: