Monday, July 7, 2008

University of Tennessee Trip

Oh my! What a trip! We decided that taking our daughter BB to UT as she requested for basketball camp, we would go ahead and spread it out for a small vacation. Hey, we are spending the high $ for fuel, why not take advantage of it....LOL. We went to Dollywood, which is something to see. It reminds me so much of Branson, the mountains and the beautiful green trees, hills and flowers! I can't believe Greg took me shopping at the outlet mall in Sevierville, TN. I do have to admit that he did a great job, the prices were really good!

While B was at the 3 day camp, Greg and I took the time to take in the town. I didn't realize that Knoxville was as large as it was! I guess coming from a small town, Knoxville just sounded small!

We were gone a week and I was glad to get home. I left my 3 horses (mares) at home for dad to take care while we were gone, boy, did I miss them. They are like leaving my children behind! As soon as we returned home, around 6:00, I hurried to the grocery store to restock my cabinets and frig, went to bed. No longer did we get to bed than B and I were up getting ready to ride our mares, getting them ready for the barrel race coming up for the weekend!

As time goes, I will post pictures and updates on how the barrel racing is going! The high cost of fuel has slowed us down some, we do not travel as far for barrel races like last year! We stay closer to home, and I am sure the girls like that, not being in the horse trailer as long! How could they heehaw? I put their own personal fans in each stall for them while they travel!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounds like you had a great time, but you did call me EVERYDAY while you where gone, you just can't live without me!!!