Monday, July 14, 2008

Canning Peach jelly today!

Kitchen in a mess!
13 jars of Peach Jelly

Still have some peaches left to eat....these were picked yesterday.
I had not planned on canning this morning, but after getting B to the gym at 5:30 a.m. to leave for basketball camp, I came home and rode my horse. The taste of a fresh picked sweet red haven peach would not escape my mind.....so I got in the car and drove about 8 miles down the road to see if the peach stand was open....as I got closer, my mouth was watering and I couldn't get the smell of fresh cooked jelly and fresh fried peach pies out of my mind, so I sure was hoping the stand was open and IT WAS OPEN. I couldn't decide how many peaches I wanted and after talking to Fred he informed me he would have peaches for another 2 weeks, I knew I was well on my way of returning for more peaches.....so this morning I made 13 jars of peach jelly, froze peaches and froze enough cooked peaches for fried pies and still had some left over!!!! I had already canned 12 jars of fresh strawberry jelly up last month.....yumee! That is why I can't lose weight, I love to cook and eat! LOL


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even like peaches and that looks Great!! YUMM!

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Look at your son on our blog! I miss you guys so much!

Angela said...

YUMMMMMM!!!