Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jesus, the light of my life

The light entering my driveway to my home

When we stand in front of God, our Father, He judges us for our rewards, not our past sins! Jesus Christ is the only way you can get to God and Eternal Life. Because God loves us so much, He sent Jesus, who is sinless, because a sinner could not bear another ones sin, but Jesus can. 1st Peter 2:24. He Himself bores our sins! Once we accept Jesus, God "puts away" (meaning lifting the burden off us) God the Father removes the burden of sin and consequences. Because of Jesus ~ He has us living free of sin(this does not mean you will not sin) Jesus bores our sins from the time of Adam. Jesus "Paid" the consequence for our sins, He laid down His life for us!

I am still amazed that God loves 'me' so much that He would send His own son for 'all' our sins! If you have not seen the movie "The Passion of Christ", please do so. I know it will touch you in ways that maybe nothing else will. I know my husband cried when we sat as a family to watch this movie, it touched his heart, he was upset over crying, but as I explained to him, if he had not cried, then I would be worried to the point of him not having a soul! I knew this movie touched him knowing what Jesus went through for US! How many of you would go through what Jesus did? Probably none of us, how could you stand carrying the cross, or having nails in your hands? If you have lost your relationship with Jesus, no better time than now to regain that relationship. As our world is going 'down the tube', you do not have to go with it, you can go with Jesus!

As my love grows for Him and I yearn to learn more, I pray that my family has the same yearning as I do for Him.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome post and awesome picture. Did you take that? Wish I could see you, Friend. We may need to try to figure something out! Are you coming up this way anytime soon???

Chris said...

Thanks my friend who made me a blog addict! YES, I took the picture, all the pictures you see on my blog, I took. It is the camera not me! LOL

We do need to get together, I will see if Steph can come with us! Girls day out! (with children) LOL