Thursday, December 11, 2008

Native Americans........

This picture I took at Cheyenne WY last summer after observing a Powwow! Look at the detailed costume.....you can read so much just from this picture!
I do not share my passion for the love of Native Americans with many! But if you go into my spare bedroom, you will notice that I have strong feelings toward them and that they hold a special place in my heart for their heritage/culture and love of their traditions. I feel the Indians taught us about food, the land we live on and mostly they taught us about love. I read and study about the Indians of the late 1880's and early 1900's. I guess you could say I was born a century to late, I love horses, growing my own garden, using my own home grown beef and pork...don't get me wrong, I love my big truck and conveniences of today, but feel I do have a calling to help the Native Americans who continue to live on the reservations.

As you see, BB's trophy saddles and prizes she won have taken over my front bedroom. I will have to wait until spring to see what saddle will soon be going on what horse! I will have to break them in before riding in them. Just need another room and more space! :)

No comments: