Friday, June 25, 2010

Things that make me SMILE

I have been so busy these past two weeks, I am finishing up with my second masters, this one in counseling! With the many papers, artifacts and article reviews, presentations, yada yada yada that I have written, I think I can write papers in my sleep.....I am taking a break to let you know what has been going on the past two weeks and what makes me smile!

Being out of town with my daughter at her U of A orientation was such a joy (2 days)! I met new friends and learned the "correct" way to call the hogs! Plus, new ways of calling the Arkansas Razorback HOGS!

You see, I have to know the correct way of calling the Hogs, my daughter is their manager! She will be traveling with the team and getting them ready daily for their practice. What an honor! Anyway, this is one thing that makes me smile!

Will be attending more games so I can have an excuse to see B! LOL
Old Main building
During orientation, it was HOT, we had to walk to every building for our presentations, workshops, etc, but it was worth it!

My family from Texas came to my daughters graduation and to my SURPRISE we received a book (and so did B) with our pictures of the time they were hereto share! AWESOME!

This is my family from Texas that I speak of all the time, I love them so much and yes this is the family that got me hooked on "The Red Box"

The bottom pictures on this page, is when we returned form BB's graduation, we all went to eat after the ceremonies, we ( I had dad and my nephew Bobby D with me in the truck) drive in the drive-way (around 11:30 p.m.) and we see dad's tractor on fire! I drive fast to the barn and Stephen comes running to help get the fire out, Bobby D helps dad get the water hose......! WEIRD, huh?

Sweet memories at mom and dad's house, and at graduation.....Love being together with the family the three days they were here visiting!

Fresh bowl of summer pasta salad with fresh tomatoes and squash from my garden!

'Graduation Time" August 14, 2010
Master of Education in School Counseling Guidance and Leadership
"Couper" my baby, he loves going with me and riding in the truck!
I have learned to laugh at my daughter's room.....I just shut the door! LOL

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I take full responsibility if you fall in love with cupcakes. :)

And seeing that marching band on that big green football field gets me soooo excited for football season!!!

Have a great weekend,
Kimberly

Kristin said...

That was a fun post. So much going on, huh?! Congrats on graduation!! I keep wanting to reply to your comments you leave me, but your thing doesn't have your email on it. Yes, we found a house down the road on the water we want to buy, so we're trying to sell ours. :D

Laurie J said...

I missed you not being at the all-star game tuesday night...BB and I had a good time till she had to leave. I'm leaving for NY on Monday and will be back around the 7t or 8th- lunch!!!

Jacquie said...

You know I have a special place in my heart for the UofA and the Hogs!! I LOVE Old Main, don't you? I remember being with Kale at his orientation and walking the campus with him and talking about his future and how God was opening doors for him... special memories for me!!! HOW AWESOME IS IT THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS THE HOG'S MANAGER???

And I was a master at closing the door to the nasty bedroom.