Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blond Brownies (my grandmothers recipe)

After visiting Attempting Creative blog, Kim posted a Blond Brownie recipe, brought back memories of my grandmother making these for me (38-40 years ago), so I told Kim I would post my grandmothers recipe for her and all others who would like to try them. They are the best! Thanks Ma!


Preheat oven 350 degrees

Sift: 2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Melt 1 cup shortening
then add 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar

remove from heat and cool

put shortening and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and add one egg at a time totalling 4. Add dry ingredients and 1 tsp vanilla, mix well and add chocolate chips, nuts optional. Grease pan or dish ( I use dish 9x13) Cook 30-35 minutes or until done (depending on your oven)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yes! I cannot wait to try these. How yummy!!! Thanks for posting this. :)