Thursday, April 16, 2009

Recipe of the week/month/year

Depending on how much time I will have in the future, will depend on how many recipes I share. A dear friend has sparked my interest in posting a recipe on my blog. Thanks Angela B!

Blueberry Muffins
(since blueberries will be coming off soon)
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp slat
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
additional butter
additional sugar
In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl beat eggs. Blend in milk, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; pour into dry ingredients and mist just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paperline muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 375 for 20-25 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar (optional)

Cheese Ball
(this is great for potluck or parties)
2 - 8oz cream cheese, soften
chopped onion (to taste)
chopped bell pepper ( to taste)
1 small can crushed pinapple (drained)
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
Mix well and shape in a small ball, top with chopped pecans
great with ritz crackers

1 comment:

Angela said...

Mmmm. Hey, instead of me making them, why don't you make them and SEND them to me!!! Much easier!!! Oh, and I sometimes can't believe I'm a mommy either. Especially to THREE!!