Thursday, February 11, 2010

This one is for my brother!

As you see the athleticism and strength these boys have! They are true athletes

As I was going through my scrapbooks, it amazes me how time 'flies' and it seems like yesterday! We were fortunate that my dad loved to rodeo and as we grew up, he was all about making sure we loved the sport too! I am very thankful, it paid for a lot of my college (back in the day), as I attended college on a rodeo scholarship.

This is my older brother Bobby and he loved to bull ride! AND if you do not know, cowboys are real "athletes", Bobby would come home everyday after football practice and hit the weights in his room. You have to be strong to hold yourself on a bull, you see, all there is holding you on, is the bull rope......and some rosin. Your hand is holding you and the rope on the bull! I can't ever remember sitting in the stands, as a participant I am always behind the shoots! Yes, I do hear language and few other things, but you know I wouldn't trade any of this for money! I have memories worth $1,000,000! Still riding and running barrels and will as long as I am able!

Cowboy Bobby Meek
2nd place in finals -ARA rodeo association
Team Roping Champion - AHRA - rodeo association
3 year National Finals in Bull Riding - NHSRA

1 comment:

Pam said...

The wanna be cowboys and cowgirls don't know half of what it takes - and wouldn't do it if they did :) I have asked some wanna be's if they have ever pulled a calf or walked in thigh deep mud and poop to get things fed or round them up or anything - answer - NO WAY - surprise surprise - Had a new one last night - got the pics of the last two on the blog. Suppose to get to 55 this next week - YEAH!!