Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Pioneer Woman ain't got nothing on me! LOL

Rolling my dough out!
(dough as in food, not $$$$)

Getting ready to cut my dough (remember ladies, not $$$)

Now this is YUMMMMEEEEE my $ is rising! LOL


Ok, so the Pioneer Woman (http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/) is smart, can cook and has this awesome way about her photography and of course her cowboy the "Marlboro Man", she has the best kitchen in the world, I would stay in their recently built guest house they finished........................Ok, OK, so she does have what seems to be a perfect life! I love to cook, recently have not had time for it and as my daughter graduates this year, I wonder if I will still love it like I use to!



I received a bread machine for Christmas one year, and never used it! It takes me less time to make my dough than mixing and throwing it in a machine! Sorry ladies, I am old fashion! I like the 'real' deal!



They turned out well and as we eat them up, I am thinking I have to not eat anything else for the rest of the day, cause in one roll I meet my CUT off for calorie intake! LOL



Basic Roll dough


2 cups milk
2 tbsp Crisco
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
Heat all this up to luke warm.


1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tbsp yeast (I buy bulk)
(maybe two packages in store bought)
Place yeast in water for about 10 minutes

6-or so cups of flour
1 egg

Once all this is complete, mix milk mixture, yeast and about 2-3 cups flour in a large bowl, mix well, add egg. Kneed rest of flour in dough. When dough is a little sticky it is ready to place in a glass bowl with a little oil in. Let rise until double. Kneed and let set for about 10 minutes.

Halve the dough and roll out, place butter, sugar and cinnamon to desired consistence. Roll, cut and place in pans with a little oil. Once they are rose, place in heated oven around 400 degrees. Now ladies, my oven is a propane gas stove, so my heat is different than gas or electric. Feel your way around and watch closely!


Icing:
1/2 cup pet milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp butter
powdered sugar to desired consistency

when the rolls comes out of the oven, pour the icing on in stream lines. EAT right away with a glass of ice cold milk~

1 comment:

Pam said...

Looks wonderful!!!! It's snowing here again joy, joy!