Sunday, May 3, 2009

Senior Citizens? 50 and over? ME?

OMG (pronounced O,M,G).....today at Church, I was reading the bulletin and noticed they have a "Senior Citizen" dinner in a couple of weeks! It reads, "50 and over come feed your body and soul".....since when is 50 really considered "Senior Citizen"? I feel more 'middle age' than a senior. Of course, the older I get the younger "numbers" sound to me! I thought the definition of a senior means grey hair, walking stick, and elastic pants! THAT IS NOT ME!

I think it has finally hit me when I receive an AARP form in the mail! I remember dad took offense to this when he turned 50 and received AARP form, then he soon realized all the 'discounts' he received and the $ he saved, he is proud to bring out his AARP card!

As time goes on, as long as I don't feel 50 (over the hill) then numbers should not matter! LOL, I can only laugh about this rather than cry! It is much better than the alternative!

No comments: