Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rooster gone 'Wild' UPDATE

Update....BB would not return to the chicken house to take pictures as someone requested! I entered the house and the rooster stood proud to have his picture taken! I think it is personal!

As family and friends know, we are going back in time in the way my grandparents lived by gardening, canning and freezing vegetables, raising and butchering our own beef and pork. Chickens is also a part of our 'farm'. To be exact, 1 rooster and 15 chickens. To determine if our rooster has gone "wild", you first have to decide if our daughter is really sure that the rooster 'attack' the poor child or she just accidentally 'fell' over the rooster while gathering the eggs!

Today, the child has 'bite' marks on her legs to prove the rooster did attack her and the past experience of her telling us that the rooster has been chasing her in the coop is true! I can't say that I have ever heard of a rooster chasing anyone! Our rooster has officially gone "wild".....in Arkansas, not Florida! :) For sale: Fresh Farm eggs and one wild rooster!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Now that I am not laughing so hard, I wanna see pictures!!!

Jonie said...

I have been chased by a rooster. More than once, but the same rooster. His name was TJ and he was MEAN! My sister's 6th grade class hatched eggs and she brought him home and once he was turned out of the house, he wasn't happy! He would flog any basketball we left outside. He tried to flog me too, but I was able to out run him. He really did help my speed as a 6 year old I was the fastest in the neighborhood.