Monday, October 13, 2008

The good ol' days

My first piece of furniture dad brought me for my new house
No one likes the old antiques, pieces of the past more than I do. I have always said, "I was born a century to late!" I would have loved to live back in the old days, farms/ranches, Indian Reservations, western towns, just leave out the sickness, because from the past, when the children were sick, they would not be healed like our medicines of today!
My dad brought me this box he found out in the pasture, while he had his dozer over here helping me clear the land to build my house 8 years ago. With today's economy, I am thankful that I built when I did, or I would be living...hummmm, don't know where!
Anyway, back to the KC Baking Powder box, can anyone guess what year this box could have been from? I know some of you don't even remember wooden boxes that supplies were brought/shipped in, so don't even try to 'guess'...LOL

2 comments:

Angela said...

1930-something??

Chris said...

LOL, I really do not know! But isn't it fun to try and find out? LOL