Saturday, March 28, 2009

Building a Hearth

Moving furniture and Painting has been my spring break job!

This wall seems to be the best for our rock (?) hearth and wood burning stove!
Still trying to move and adjust furniture! I am not in a hurry to get the wall built. I am looking at 'man made' rock for my hearth. I first thought I would like a brick hearth, but people who know me, know that I do not get in a hurry, I have to analyze and study different options. Studying the man made rock is something I am definitely interested in. It is much lighter than real rock and right now it seems to be budget friendly! We will soon find out! I did lose a wall and have less furniture in the living room! BB reminds me that she will be gone in a year and less furniture will be OK! LOL we will C! She is not gone long before she returns home and misses my cooking, cleaning and home atmosphere!

We are trying to get as much self-sufficient as possible. We have two gardens, chickens (23 to be exact and 1 rooster), 2 deep freezers and going to be purchasing another one for our beef we will be butchering. One freezer has garden veggies, the other one is our 2 hogs we butchered recently and then the beef is coming in May! We feel that the only time we will need our electric is during the summer! I have to have cool air! LOL Especially after riding my horses in the morning and coming in from a 'hot' summers day!

No comments: