Friday, November 21, 2008

Good News and Bad News :(

We found out that the information that we received Tuesday about BB's knee was a "wet" reading. A wet reading consist of people who run the MRI all the time can usually look at the slides and see if there is a problem before radiologist reads it. So when I received the call that the MRI looked clear, we were all excited!!! Then the radiologist read the slides AND he saw either a small tear in the ACL or its surrounding tissue. Dr. Martin said he pondered all day Wednesday on what his plan should be for her. The radiologist and Dr. Martin went over the MRI together and finally the diagnosis was "inconclusive" may be a small tear in ACL. SSSOOOOO, Dr. Martin called with the news, "I pondered on what I need to do for BB, I can not warrant surgery, because if I go in and it is the tissue then she will have to recover from surgery, if it is the ACL and the tear is so small that I couldn't repair then she will still have to recover from surgery, all the Mobility test I ran on her, didn't show any tear in the ACL, I really thought it was just a cartilage!" He has recommended her being off another week and we went to Ft. Smith this morning to be fitted for a custom brace. I continue to pray that she fully recovers....she is not a good 'bench' warmer! She is much like her mother, competitive! I am trying to load one of the pictures of the MRI but I am having problems....as usual! LOL

As a mother, I will continue to be on my knees, and pray that she recovers and has no more trouble with this knee!

No comments: