Monday, July 5, 2010

Saying Goodbye was so hard......

Saying Goodbye to my best friend...Lil Bit

She leaned her head down and I kissed her twice....she knew she was leaving me

My bestie Pam...this trailer her team roping son 'Jake Long' is sitting in the top 15 in the world and he won this trailer and a truck at the George Straight roping last month. Lil Bit was privileged in George S. trailer.

Greg and I walked her while Pam and Randy were on their way to Tulsa from Kansas.....


Saying goodbye while she loaded, I fought back the tears........

We met our best friends in Tulsa on the 4th (yesterday) for a day of eating, shopping and visiting. It was great being with them, but I also had to say goodbye to one of my girls (horses).......not that I wanted to sell her, but this mare 'loves' running barrels, she loves attention and wants to be going all the time. With B going off to college, she is going to be busy with the Arkansas Razorback football team as their manager, so in reality, I needed to sell one of my girls. It is hard to ride three horses a day, put up 2 gardens full of veggies and do my other chores. SO, Pam said, bring Lil Bit to me! She trained her and knows the love she has for barrel racing. While we were in Tulsa, she was already receiving text messages about Lil Bit. She will be going to a good home and make some lil girl happy like she has for my daughter (won a saddle on Lil Bit) and myself!



Also, today is my grandson's birthday! I wanted to wish him the best day with lots and lots of hugs and kisses......HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALE! Mems and Pops luvs you! We will bring your birthday gift to you! :)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Sorry you had to say goodbye to her, but that's awesome that you know she will be in excellent hands and get to do what she loves best. Hope you had a great holiday. Happy Birthday to Kale!

Jacquie said...

I know that must've been HARD!

I love that you have a "Kale" for a grandson!!!

Holly said...

Oh how hard to say goodbye!! :( I'm sure she'll be so missed!

Katie said...

Oh that is so hard. SHe is so pretty. I wish I could ride with you. I love horses but I am scared ever since I got thrown off a long time ago. Happy Birthday to Kale!! How fun, I love Birthdays. You are the sweetest lady by the way and you always encourage me, so thank you from the bottom of my heart. Oh and I love the pictures of you with your horse you look so pretty!!

Kimberly said...

So sorry you had to say bye. :( I know it's tough, but she was well loved, I know.

And Happy (belated) birthday to your grandson!!!

Thank you for always stopping by and saying hi. :)