Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hay, Hay, Hay...........................

I just wish I had a picture, but I am to tired to take one~ What were we thinking? 105 degrees and we hauled 'square' bales of hay! 144 bales! If some of you are not aware of what square bales of hay are, Google it and imagine hauling 144 bales twice? Yes, 2x's, because you have to stack it on the trailer you are hauling it on, then you have to unload it in the barn. So it is going through your hands twice!

Not only have I had to prepare our food for the winter, canning tomatoes, salsa, tomato juice, strawberry and peach jelly, freezing corn, peaches and strawberries, the horses also have to have hay for their winter food! Now that my age is catching up with me, I realize why years ago these families had so many children! For the help! LOL

Thank you to my favorite son-in-law "Paul", he so graciously volunteered to help us, without him, Greg, BB and I would still be hauling it! LOL

1 comment:

Angela said...

I'm just impressed you get BB to help! I hated doing stuff like that at her age. I think I complained 24/7. Now I wish I could have those days back. I think I'd be a little more helpful around the farm.